Digital Day Friday 24 May 2013
Aim of the day:
'Using technology to engage with and inspire non-learners into learning'.
We would encourage providers to use technology in their tasters throughout the week and to enhance other themes such as 'Learning for Health' and 'Cultural Heritage and Diversity' but this day is an opportunity to focus specifically on digital technologies.
Ideas for events:
- Selling online
- How to start blogging/tweeting/facebook
- How to manage your finances online
- Using comparison websites to save money
- How to keep your family safe online
- Gadgets tasters session - have a try on a smartphone, MP3 player etc
- Using digital cameras successfully and photo manipulation
- Connecting to other communities via video conferencing
- Using websites to calculate your carbon footprint